Monday, October 20, 2014

Wow.  So it's been 3.5 years since my last blog post.  It seems like a lifetime ago - and, based on what has happened in my life since then, it may as well be a lifetime!  A week after my last post, I found out we were expecting our second child (a beautiful little girl, Charlotte, who will be THREE in December!).  Five months after my last post, my father passed away from brain cancer after an 18-month hard fought battle.  Miss you every day, Dad.



Charlotte was then born on December 3, 2011.


 Heidi was - and continues to be - a big fan. 


2012 was relatively uneventful from a "Big Things" perspective - I mostly spent it nursing Charlotte and potty training Heidi - often at the same time (think I can add that to my professional resume under the "multi-tasking" category??).  Here's how we ended 2012 for the most part -

I went back to work on a part-time (3 days/week) basis in January of 2013, working for Time Warner Cable.  I enjoyed my time there, and LOVED the part time schedule that they were flexible enough to offer me for a limited time, and I was poised and ready to accept their offer of full-time employment the same day that my husband received a job offer which would ultimately move us down to Richmond, VA in July of 2013.

We went from this:

To this:


Amazing how a 1.5 hour trip down I-95 resulted in a home twice the size, and a yard five times the size, for a decent amount less than we paid for our last house.

The last year to 15 months have been spent making this house a home, and I'm looking forward to sharing some of my DIY and design adventures with you over the course of the coming weeks and months.  I'm not sure what I'm specifically hoping to accomplish by reviving the blog, but I think part of me hopes that this endeavor will help me discern where my true passion lies and how I can best serve my family while also spending time on creative endeavors.

Thanks for visiting :-)


1 comment:

  1. This is so fun! I am excited to see to watch your blog grow and to learn from your adventures!

    ReplyDelete