Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Basement...

Over the course of the past several months, our unfinished basement has fallen victim to my numerous projects, in addition to neglect in general, which left it looking like this right after New Year's:

Tool bench/work area


Laundry area


Utility sink area


Pantry & general storage area


Paint storage area

Furnace/water heater/more storage area


Workout/project area


Cat's bathroom - 'nuff said


Cardboard box storage area

As you can see, we have a rather large basement, but it currently has zero aesthetic value.  I'm currently in the midst of changing that, one "area" at a time.  In future posts, I'll show you how I tackle each area, on basically a ZERO budget (it's really hard to convince my husband that an unfinished basement warrants a cash investment).  In the meantime, let me share with you the basement laundry room image that has been my inspiration for my basement makeover:


Image source

Isn't it hard to believe that room is in a basement?  Better yet, check out what the room looked like BEFORE:


Image source

Looks pretty similar to what I'm starting with!  Wish me luck.....


No comments:

Post a Comment