Sunday, February 27, 2011

Freecycle Find #1....

Just when I thought that Craigslist was the greatest virtual yardsale/thrift store EVER, I discovered Freecycle.  Freecycle is basically a members only group (the groups are organized based upon your geographic region) where you can post items that you want to get rid of, or even acquire.  Unlike Craigslist, however, all items being offered or asked for must be FREE.  That's right - FREE.  I joined the group a few months back, and subscribed to the "digest" version of the posts, so I was basically getting 2 or so emails a day with all of the new posts.  While the items being offered are usually not of interest to me (a couple of examples - items offered today ranged from "small jar of bath salts" to "childrens hangers"), every now and then I stumble upon a gem, which I did this morning.  Check out what I scored for FREE from a nice couple a few miles up the road:


It's a portion of old window that has been repurposed as a mirror (you can see the metal lock in the bottom middle pane).  How cool is that?  I'm not sure of its final location yet, but I will be sure to share pics when I've figured that out.  It just goes to show you that some of the most unique items for your home are not to be found in the pages of a Pottery Barn catalog, but rather for free from your neighbors!

1 comment: